And how true it is.
0018 – 2010.01.29
[core / libraries]
* Added tone() and noTone() functions for frequency generation.
* Added Serial.end() command.
* Added precision parameter for printing of floats / doubles.
* Incorporated latest version of Firmata.
* Fixed bug w/ disabling use of the RW pin in the LiquidCrystal library.
* No longer disabling interrupts in delayMicroseconds().
* Fixed bug w/ micros() returning incorrect values from within an interrupt.
* Fixed bug that broke use of analog inputs 8-15 on the Mega.
* Synchronized with the Processing 1.0.9 code base, bringing various fixes,
including to a bug causing saving to fail when closing the last sketch.
* Added support for third-party hardware in the SKETCHBOOK/hardware folder,
mirroring the current structure of the hardware folder in Arduino.
* Added Ctrl-Shift-M / Command-Shift-M shortcut for serial monitor.
* Hold down shift when pressing the Verify / Compile or Upload toolbar
buttons to generate verbose output (including command lines).
* Moving build (on upload) from the applet/ sub-folder of the sketch
to a temporary directory (fixing problems with uploading examples from
within the Mac OS X disk image or a Linux application directory).
* Fixed bug the prevented the inclusion of .cpp and .h (or .c and .h) files
of the same name in a sketch.
* Improved the Mac OS X disk image (.dmg): added a shortcut to the
Applications folder, a background image with arrow, and new FTDI drivers.
Interested in setting up the Arduino IDE to work on Ubuntu 9.10?
Head over to codetorment for a step by step guide for Ubuntu 9.10 32bit edition.
Arduino Software Release Notes0017 - 2009.07.25 [documentation / examples] * Many new and revised examples from Tom Igoe. [core / libraries] * Updated LiquidCrystal library by Limor Fried. See reference for details. * Updated Firmata library to version 2.1 (rev. 25). * Replaced the Servo library with one (MegaServo) by Michael Margolis. Supports up to 12 servos on most Arduino boards and 48 on the Mega. * Improving the accuracy of the baud rate calculations for serial communication (fixing double-speed problems on 8 MHz Arduino boards). Thanks to gabebear. [environment] * Synchronized with the Processing 1.0.3 code base (rev. 5503), bringing many improvements (listed below). * New icons and about image by Thomas Glaser (envis precisely). * Support for multiple sketch windows. * The serial monitor now has its own window. * Comment / Uncomment menu item (in Edit) and keyboard shortcut. * Increase and Decrease Indent menu items (in Edit) and keyboard shortcuts. * Support for third-party libraries in the SKETCHBOOK/libraries folder. * Libraries are now compiled with the sketch, eliminating the delay when switching boards and the need to delete .o files when changing library source code. * Arduino now comes as an app file (in a dmg) on the Mac. * Adding the Arduino Nano w/ ATmega328 to the Tools > Board menu.
Arduino 16 IDE Released!
Arduino Software Release Notes0016 - 2009.05.30 [documentation / examples] * New communication examples (w/ corresponding Processing and Max/MSP code) by Tom Igoe. [core / libraries] * Adding support for the Arduino Pro and Pro Mini 3.3V / 8 MHz w/ ATmega328. * Adding support for the LilyPad Arduino w/ ATmega328. * Adding write(str) and write(buf, size) methods to Print, Serial, and the Ethernet library Client and Server classes. This allows for more efficient (fewer packet) Ethernet communication. (Thanks to mikalhart.) * Improvements to the way the Ethernet library Client class connects and disconnects. Should reduce or eliminate failed connections and long timeouts. (Thanks to Bruce Luckcuck.) * Optimizing the timer0 overflow interrupt handler (used for millis() and micros()). Thanks to westfw and mikalhart. * Fixing bug that limited the bit() macro to 15 bits. Thanks to Paul Badger. * Adding ARDUINO version constant (thanks to prodding from mikalhart). [environment] * Ordering the items in the Tools > Board menu. * Adding "Copy as HTML" command to the Tools menu. * Eliminating (maybe) the occasional "Couldn't determine program size" errors. Thanks to the Clever Monkey. * Moving selection of Linux look-and-feel into the arduino script so it can be changed by users. Thanks to Eberhard Fahle. [tools] * Adding automatic dependency generation to the Makefile. (Lars Immisch)
Today, the world of physical computing closely resembles the personal computer industry circa 1975. We’ve been around for a few years struggling around the edges with tools and products that were designed, priced, and packaged for serious industry, but we haven’t made any money and we haven’t moved the world. That’s about to change.
Great article, and good to read even if you are not into the Arduino craze.